The focus and aims of the General Missions are founded on the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the ideals embodied in The Christian’s Pledge, i.e, practicing the teachings of Jesus in dealing with others; dedicating our talents, time and resources to spreading the Word of God; winning others to Christ through witnessing, personal services and ministry; encouraging and guiding young people in Christian work and service.
Eleanor Manning, President
The work of the General Missions is advanced through three circles:
Eula Mae Crippen Missionary Circle - Denota Fain, Chair
Lenora Higgins Missionary Circle - Jackie Ingram, Chair
Ada Hamlett Missionary Circle - Edie DuBose-Grooms, Chair
I am persuaded by the teachings
Of the blessed Bible-
By daily reading, meditation and communion
With my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ-
To live an upright Christian Life,
To practice His teachings in my
Dealings with my fellowman-
To dedicate my talents and give of
My time, influence, and means
To teaching or spreading the Christian religion
At home and abroad-
To win souls through personal service for Christ-
To encourage and help in the enlistment
Of young people in Christian work-
And to make my home a center
Of Christian light and love.
To these ends - I pledge - to devote myself
And seek divine aid and guidance daily-
That I may become a living witness and
a bright and shining light for my Lord.
- Monthly Group Bible Study ("The Worker: A Missionary and Educational Quarterly")
- Regularly scheduled visits to Sick & Shut-In
- Monthly meals to Sick and Shut-In
- Care Packages; Cards/letters; Spiritual Support and encouragement to college students
- Cards and Flowers for support during times of need.
- Thanksgiving Baskets to Sick and Shut-In and others in need
- Christmas Baskets to Sick and Shut-In
- Special Assistance to members and others in need
- 5th Sunday Missions Observance
- Financial and other assistance to Community feeding programs
- Missions outreach to Ronald McDonald House; Love Kitchen; Holston Healthcare Center; Serenity Shelter.
- Community participation in Church Women United, Compassion Coalition and others
- Members actively participate in Sunday School, Choirs, Youth Ministry, Special Events/Programs
- Active participation in Knoxville District Baptist Association activities
- Active participation in the Knoxville District Women's Meeting every 4th Saturday at different Churches.